|With the commencement of the issuance of the e-passport in the Consulate, it has become necessary for the general public who seek the services of the Mission to take note of the following:
- All requests for visa and passport applications online using the website of the Nigerian Immigration Service: http://www.immigration.gov.ng
- Processing of travel documents (passport and visa) are to be completed and payment made online. Additional fee of $30 (thirty dollars) payable in money order and addressed to the Consulate of Nigeria, Atlanta would be made available to the Mission on submission of the relevant documents.
- That the e-passport is devoid of observation and endorsement i.e change of names owing to marriage and insertion of children.
- That Mission is not in the position as of now, to replace lost e-passport untill clearance is obtained from the Nigeria Immigration Services, Abuja.
- Applicants are expected to have completed the processing of their application online and bring them to the Mission, as Mission will not provide in-house internet services for applicants; ensure that your payment receipt page is printed out and brought along with you.
- Cash transaction in whatever form, within or outside Mission’s premises or with any official of the Mission, is prohibited.
- The working hours of the Consular & Immigration Section of the Mission is from 10.00 am – 3.00 pm; Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
- If your passport is 10 years and over, or if the pages are filled up, you need a re-issue and if less than 10 years you need a renewal. If your passport is lost, missing, defaced or burnt you need a replacement.